We have enjoyed this soup both with and without the addition of the pork sausage, so it is both Whole30 and vegan friendly. This minestrone soup tastes even better than the endless soup from a certain chain restaurant, and you can make you own endless salad to go along with it.
Takeout dinners are so tempting. You manage to make it through the whole day successfully, then you remember that your kids have activities that evening and you completely forgot to cook dinner and everyone’s tummies are grumbling (and their mouths are whining).
Switching up breakfast with something like a dairy free quiche option is sometimes exactly what is needed (to help keep you motivated).
The end of Daylight Savings has had some unexpected consequences around here. No, not a disruption of kids’ schedules, or mild depression over the fact that it looks like midnight at 5pm (ok, maybe a little bit of that). The real problem is with the chickens. This will be our second winter as chicken parents, […]
These balsamic and red wine braised short ribs are the perfect comfort food on a chilly winter day. Made with coconut sugar and paleo-friendly ingredients, these are a kid favorite.
I can’t even begin to count how many times I have stood in front of the open fridge, staring at the meat drawer, thinking “What am I going to make for dinner?”. It’s not like the contents of the drawer will magically change, I could just close the fridge and figure it out, but I […]
Good morning, sunshines! Or do you usually just mutter “ugh, morning”. I’m usually more of the latter, a night-owl, if you will. Always have been, probably always will be. I always say “I’m going to go to bed at 10pm and wake up with the sun” and then midnight rolls around and I give up. […]
About a month ago, I signed up to bring chili to our church’s Pinewood Derby and Chili Cook-Off activity. The derby was for everyone, not just the scouts, so I took that opportunity and got all Pinterest-y and found lots of tips to make a super fast derby car with my oldest daughter. I was […]
It’s spring, which means everything is changing from brown to green! Or, in the case of Colorado this week, from brown to white. March is one of (if not THE) snowiest months here, and while we expected to get some snow, I don’t think we were really expecting to get as dumped on as we […]
The weather in Colorado is a strange thing. Having spent the majority of my life in Florida, I was used to fairly consistent weather year-round. Our brief stint in Minnesota taught me that there were, in fact, 4 seasons each year. Now that we’re in Colorado, I have discovered it’s possible to have all 4 […]
Our family recently returned from a 10-day trip to Florida to visit family. I grew up in Florida, so I was used to the heat and humidity, but then I left and my body just cannot handle it anymore. While it was great seeing my family again, I was so glad to come back home […]
What it is, jive turkeys! I’m baaaaack! I missed my December OPL guest post & was on a Caribbean cruise during last month’s Paleo Pomegranate-Ginger Sticky Wings guest post. Now, I’m back and it’s time to party. If you’ve never made turkey meatloaf before, I can guarantee you’re missing out. This veggie-packed paleo turkey meatloaf […]
Can you believe it’s already the middle of January? Did you do a 21 day sugar detox, Whole 30, or paleo challenge to start off your year? Raj and I did, 30 days strict paleo. I find the orthodox paleo far less restrictive than a 21 day sugar detox or AIP (Autoimmune protocol) Diet. If […]
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holidays have ended and the new year is upon us. Time for 25% of us to make promising, hopeful resolutions while the remaining 75% of us make hopeless failures of those resolutions. Although I’m one of the 75%, I really do wish I had more willpower […]