Reset Your Metabolism with Time-Tested Nutrition…
Without Hours of Planning and Endless Cooking
The home stretch! Week 3 is almost over and now there are only 9 days left. Things are going good over here, and I haven’t caved yet, thank goodness. I know a lot of people go into a Whole30 wanting or expecting to lose weight (in addition to the more primary goal of of resetting your nutrition and getting rid of cravings), but as of yet, I haven’t lost weight on my previous two challenges. Weight loss isn’t really my main purpose in doing a Whole30 anyway, but of course it’s not a terrible side-effect.
At the end, on Day 31, I already know I’m going to want to reward myself. The problem with that mentality is that “reward” is almost always synonymous with “food”. We often think “Wow, I did such a great job, I deserve some ice cream” and that basically defeats the purpose.
So rather than a food-related reward for working so hard the last 30 days, why not reward yourself with something you’ve been wanting. This doesn’t have to be something tangible, just whatever you want. Personally, I would love to get some new clothes, food props, go out on a (kidless) date with my husband, or get a massage. You get the idea, something that appeals to you but that isn’t food. We’re not dogs, we don’t need treats for good behavior.
So now that I’ve gotten that bit off my chest, on to the Week 4 Meal Plan. Again, no snacks listed, and by now you shouldn’t need them. You should be eating enough at each meal to satisfy you until it’s time to eat again. And as always, don’t forget to check in and share along the way over on Facebook and Instagram. If you post any pics of anything related to your Whole30 on Instagram, be sure to use the #OPLwhole30 so I can follow along.
** Quantity Disclaimer**
My meal plan and subsequent grocery list is intended for my family of 5. Yes, we eat a lot of eggs, yes, we go through a lot of food. These quantities are intended for 4.5 people (our 4-year-old doesn’t eat a full portion… yet), so if you don’t need to prepare for that many people, adjust accordingly so you’re not working too hard or wasting any food.
Whole30 Weekly Meal Plan: Week 4
|Day 23||Fried Eggs & Breakfast Sausage||Leftover Smokey Bacon Chicken Thighs & Mixed Greens Salad1||Chicken Broccoli Bake|
|Day 24||Chicken Bacon Ranch Omelette||Leftover Chicken Broccoli Bake||Cashew Crusted Mahi Mahi & Asparagus Potato Hash|
|Day 25||Fiesta Scrambled Eggs & Country Potatoes||Turkey BLTA Roll-Ups||Salmon Cakes & Guacamole|
|Day 26||Leftover Salmon Cakes with Fried Eggs||Chicken Bacon Salad||Paleo Spaghetti Sauce & Zucchini Noodles|
|Day 27||Sweet Potato Souffle, Fried Eggs, & “Baked” Cinnamon Apples||Leftover Spaghetti (make fresh Zucchini Noodles)||Beefy Ratatouille|
|Day 28||Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, & 1/2 Bell Pepper||Leftover Beefy Ratatouille||Creamy Chicken “Noodle” Soup|
|Day 29||Spicy Egg Muffins||Leftover Creamy Chicken “Noodle” Soup||Pork Shoulder & Skillet Sweet Potatoes|
|Day 30||Fiesta Scrambled Eggs & Fresh Fruit||Leftover Pork Shoulder||Cinnamon Lemon Pepper Chicken & Best Roasted Veggies|
Meal Plan Notes:
1 Mixed Greens Salads – No written recipe: ‘Spring mix’ greens tossed with sliced carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and chopped apples. Top with a simple dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
The Week 4 Meal Plan, at a glance:
Week 4 Meal Planning Prep Tips:
- Wash and cut all produce at the beginning of the week:
- Wash all produce in a water bath with a bit of vinegar and let dry before refrigerating them.
- Chop onions and peppers and store in food storage containers to quickly add them to eggs (for variety) or other dishes.
- Egg Muffins and Mini Sweet Potato Souffles in advance. Both will store well in the fridge and reheat in the microwave just fine. Or they taste just as good cold or at room temp, whatever your preference.
- Make chicken for the Chicken Bacon Ranch in advance so you can just reheat and eat in the morning.
- Make a couple hard-boiled eggs in advance so you can have some for the Chicken Bacon Salad.
- Prepare lunches from leftovers the night before so you can just grab it and go the next day.
Meal Plan Week 4 Grocery List
Please note that this grocery list is for 2 adults and 3 children. If you will not be feeding 5 people, adjust the recipes and grocery list accordingly. Also, this Grocery List doesn’t include any snacks since they’re not included in the Meal Plan. Add some extra produce to account for your own snacks.
- 6 Red Peppers
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 3 Yellow Onions
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Shallot
- 1 small bunch Celery
- 7 Lemons
- 5 Avocados
- 1 head Iceberg Lettuce
- 8-10 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 12 Sweet Potatoes (all similar diameter, if possible)
- 4-5 Red Potatoes
- 1 bundle Thin Asparagus
- 1 bunch Bananas
- 9 Sweet Apples
- Fresh Fruit of choice
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 7 Plum Tomatoes
- 3 bulbs Garlic
- Mixed Salad Greens (like Spring Mix)
- Small bag of Carrots
- 2 Cucumbers
- 4 heads Broccoli
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 12-15 medium Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Beets (any color)
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 2 large Peaches
- 8-10 large Zucchini
- 1 small Eggplant
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 3 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Chorizo
- 1 (6-7 lb) Pork Shoulder (pork butt)
- 2 lb Chicken Tenders
- 6 Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 8 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 3-4 lb Whole Chicken
- 3 lb Uncured Bacon
- 16 slices Applegate Turkey Cold Cuts
- 6 (6 oz) Wild Caught Mahi Mahi Filets
- 8-10 oz Wild Caught Salmon Filet
HERBS / SPICES
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 7 dozen Eggs
- Hot Sauce
- White Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cans Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- Flax Seeds
- Coconut Oil
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Roasted Cashews
- Coconut Butter
- Almond Flour
- Potato Starch
- Nutritional Yeast
- 3 (8 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 (28 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can Tomato Paste
- 1 can or carton Chicken Stock (no added sugar)
Get the rest of the Weekly Meal Plans here: