Turn Your Body into a Fat Burning Machine...
Without Hours of Planning and Eating the Same Boring Meals Everyday
Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
I'm very happy when I make my favorite food healthy. Originally, this dish is not paleo-friendly, but I replaced a couple of ingredients and got a perfect paleo meal! It’s important to choose organic meat so that your food really benefits your body. My recipe is simple and healthy and tastes like an Asian takeaway. In addition, you will have time to cook it as it only takes around 30 minutes to prepare. Thanks, Instant Pot.
Servings 2 people
- 1 kg Chicken Breast bones and skin removed
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp Arrow Flour halved
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 2 tbsp Water
- Fresh Rosemary, Sesame, and Dill for serving
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
- 0.5 cup Water
- Ginger Root
- Chop chicken breasts chop into large cubes and roll in flour. Turn on “Saute” mode, pour sesame oil, heat it and fry chicken for 3-5 minutes. Add spices, then set “Keep Warm / Cancel”.
- Cooking sauce. Mix well soy sauce with water and honey. Grate ginger and squeeze juice into the sauce (you can use a garlic press). Add red pepper and salt, mix it.
- Pour chicken with sauce, mix well.
- Set “Meat / Stew” mode, close lid and valve, cook under pressure for 15 minutes. Then set up “Keep Warm / Cancel”.
- Mix 2 tbsp of water with the remaining Arrow Flour, pour into Instant Pot, set to "Sauté" mode and fry chicken until the sauce thickens. Add cashews, mix and simmer for about 5 minutes. Cashews should become soft.
- When serving, garnish with rosemary leaves, sesame seeds, and chopped dill.
Sometimes you need more Arrow Flour to make the sauce thicker. This dish can be cooked with vegetables (broccoli, bell pepper) and served with cauliflower rice. I like cashew chicken without a side dish because nuts make it very hearty.
Calories: 1089kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 119g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 320mg | Sodium: 1126mg | Potassium: 2325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 566IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 6mg