[60s Quiz] Which Diet is Right for you - Paleo vs Keto?
Over 501 people have already found out. Which is best for your body, goals and lifestyle? Find out in 60sec
One thing that may plague you while being on a diet such as keto or paleo, is cooking delicious meals the whole family wants to eat. Today’s recipe for instant pot pork tenderloin is just that — utterly delicious.
Marinated in a highly flavorful marinade overnight ensures a tender, juicy pork tenderloin every time. Plus, cooking it in the instant pot makes it that much easier!
Instant pot pork tenderloin keto is sure to become one of your weekly rotation go-to recipes. Served simply with a leafy salad, cauliflower rice, or even with mashed potatoes for those non-dieters in the family, everyone will love this!
Plus, did I mention this instant pot pork tenderloin cooks up in about 20 minutes?! SCORE!
Pantry and grocery items needed for instant pot pork tenderloin keto
- 24 ounces of pork tenderloin
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard, or mustard of your choice
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Paleo chicken stock or chicken bone broth
This recipe uses simple and everyday ingredients. I make sure you are sticking on track with your paleo diet, research any ingredients beforehand, or better yet use homemade!
Equipment needed for instant pot pork tenderloin keto
- Instant pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Zippered plastic bag for marinating, or a shallow baking pan with plastic wrap
- Chef’s knife
How to make instant pot pork tenderloin keto
- First, the pork tenderloin needs to be marinated at least 2 hours before cooking, even better if you can marinate it overnight. For the marinade, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic, oregano, and basil. Pour the marinade into a gallon-sized zippered plastic bag or into a shallow baking pan. Place the tenderloin into the bag/pan, ensure the pork is coated in the marinade. Zip up the bag or add a plastic wrap to the pan, place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, place the instant pot on the saute setting on high, allowing it to come up to temperature. Add another 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan, take the tenderloin out of the marinade and add it to the hot instant pot, searing on all sides. Just do a light sear on all sides so it is lightly golden brown. Take the tenderloin out and sit it on a plate.
- Pour the chicken stock/bone broth directly into the instant pot and whisk the bottom of the pan, releasing any browned bits. Add the remaining pork marinade into the pot and whisk to combine.
- Add the trivet insert into the instant pot, place the browned pork on top. Close the lid and place the instant pot to pressure cook on the high setting. Set for 5 minutes. Make sure the valve is closed on top.
- It will take about 5 minutes for the pressure cooker to come up to pressure. Let cook, then naturally pressure release for 10 minutes or until the pin drops. Carefully release any additional pressure. Remove the top of the instant pot.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes so the juices will return to the pork. Slice and serve with the cooking liquid as a flavorful jus.
Tips and tricks for a smooth cooking experience
Personally, when I use my instant pot it doesn’t always sear exactly to my expectations. So, when I want a heavy sear before pressure cooking, I tend to sear in a traditional pan on the stove and then transfer everything to the instant pot.
This is of course my preference and it may be my particular instant pot that does this. Plus, if you don’t have an extra 5ish minutes to sear, it doesn’t need to be done at all. This just helps to get an extra flavorful crust to the outside of the pork and the browned bits in the bottom of the pan make the jus extra delicious.
Make sure to let the pork rest after cooking. Slicing into it too soon will make all the juices run out, leaving the pork itself dry.
Alternative cooking methods
If you do not own an instant pot, you can still enjoy this instant pot pork tenderloin keto recipe!
- Do the same steps up until the searing of the pork loin in the instant pot. Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a heavy bottom skillet (even better if it is oven safe), add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Take the pork out of the marinade and sear on all sides. Remove the pork loin, deglaze the bottom of the pan with the chicken stock/bone broth, add the remaining marinade. Add the pork back to the pan or transfer everything to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Place the oven-safe skillet or baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Take out of the pan onto a cutting board and let the pork rest for 5-10 minutes to let the juices disperse throughout. Cut and serve with the cooking liquid as a jus for the pork.
Slow Cooker Method
- Once again, marinate the pork tenderloin the exact same way, but this time, sear the pork on all sides in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Remove the pork loin, deglaze the bottom of the pan with the chicken stock/bone broth, add the remaining marinade.
- Place the seared pork into the slow cooker. Pour the liquid on top. Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook on low for about 3-4 hours and on high for about 2-3 hours. Check to make sure the internal temperature on the pork has reached 160°F.
- Take the pork out of the slow cooker and place it on a cutting board, allowing to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing, serve with the cooking liquid.
How to store instant pot pork tenderloin keto
Let the pork cool completely, wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil and place in a zippered plastic bag. Place in the fridge and use it within 3-4 days.
Alternatively you can freeze cooked pork in the same way, using a freezer-safe plastic bag. Cooked pork will last in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
I believe this instant pot pork tenderloin keto recipe is so good you can even serve it at a dinner party. I’m sure it will get rave reviews every time!
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Keto
- Instant Pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Zipper plastic bag for marinating or a shallow baking pan with pastic wrap
- Chef's knife
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, oregano, and basil. Pour into a zippered gallon-sized bag, add the pork tenderloin and massage marinade over the pork until it is coated. Release air from the bag, zip up, and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Place the pressure cooker on the saute setting on high heat. Allow to come to a high temperature and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Remove the tenderloin from the marinade and place directly into the instant pot. Sear on all sides. Transfer the pork to a plate, add the chicken stock and whisk to deglaze the bottom of the pan of any browned bits. Put the remaining marinade back to the pot.
- Add the trivet insert and place the pork on top of the trivet. Put on the lid, close the pressure valve, and place on high-pressure cook for 5 minutes. It will take approximately 5 minutes to come up to pressure. Once cooked for 5 minutes, allow the instant pot to naturally release for 10 minutes or until the pin drops. Release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve with the cooking liquid.