[60s Quiz] Which Diet is Right for you - Paleo vs Keto?
Over 501 people have already found out. Which is best for your body, goals and lifestyle? Find out in 60sec
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
Many of us enjoy Chinese takeaway foods, but we want to make sure that all the ingredients in our meal are paleo-friendly, natural and healthy. So, I cook sweet and sour chicken in my Instant Pot. Cooking takes 30 minutes (this is faster than going to a restaurant) and all the ingredients are often already in your refrigerator. This dish is a great option for a family dinner, as children like it (unless you start adding chili).
Servings 2 people
For the sauce
- 0.5 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 tbsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Whole30 Ketchup homemade or purchased
- Small piece of ginger minced
- Chop onion and paprika into large cubes. Cook the chicken in large pieces.
- Set "sauté" mode when the inscription “hot” appears, pour sesame oil, fry the chicken from all sides. It does not have to become golden or fully cook, just fry quickly.
- Add onion, pineapple, and paprika to the chicken, pour coconut milk and add spices. Now is the best time to add chili peppers if you want to make the dish spicy. Fry all together for few minutes.
- At this time beat the ketchup with pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Grate the ginger and add to the sauce. Add spices and herbs to taste.
- Pour the chicken and vegetables with sauce, bring to a boil and cancel the “Saute” mode.
- Close the lid, move the valve to “sealing” and set high pressure for 5 minutes. After that, depressurize sharply, to do this, turn the valve to the “venting” position.
- Your sweet and sour chicken is ready! Serve with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Sometimes to thicken the sauce, you need to add cassava flour or another paleo-thickener. But my sauce (in the process of stewing) came out quite thick without thickener, so you should test your ingredients to understand what consistency can turn out. You can add fresh spinach to your meal (when it will be ready) to fortify your dinner with vitamins.
Calories: 737kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 245mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 752mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg