[60s Quiz] Which Diet is Right for you - Paleo vs Keto?
Over 501 people have already found out. Which is best for your body, goals and lifestyle? Find out in 60sec
For several years now, matcha has been at the forefront of the health foods movement, and I feel like every cafe or coffee shop is now offering matcha in some form! I did a little research, and it turns out it’s for good reason- it’s delicious in a latte, boasts numerous benefits, and it’s a beautiful color to boot! What’s not to love?
So what does this hot food trend have to do with today’s post? Matcha is the nutritional powerhouse ingredient used to create these delicious Paleo Coconut Matcha Truffles! They’re so creamy and decadent, you won’t want to stop eating them, so let’s highlight some of the health benefits so you can feel better about eating them all day long!
Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
- High in Antioxidants: One of the most toted benefits of matcha green tea is that it’s high in antioxidants-even higher than spinach or dark chocolate (although don’t stop eating those!) Your body uses antioxidants to balance free radicals, which play a negative roll in aging, cancer, heart, and other diseases. Drinking matcha is a great way to naturally boost your bodies ability to fight these harmful molecules!
- Boosts Metabolism: Matcha is high in EGCG, a polyphenol found in plants that have been shown to speed the rate in which your body burns calories.
- Coffee alternative: While it contains about the same amount of caffeine as most coffee beverages, matcha does boast additional benefits and many coffee drinkers find that matcha produces less of a “buzz” than coffee. This is especially helpful if you find that a traditional cup of jo leaves you restless or anxious, or leaves you exhausted and needing a refill after only a few hours.
Of course, it’s all well and good to read about how great matcha is – but you have to actually eat it to get the benefits! Enter these Paleo Coconut Matcha Truffles-they’re the perfect treat after dinner or for a mid-morning snack. They’re creamy, decadent, pack a mean nutritional punch, and are oh-so-easy and fast to make. Enjoy!
Coconut Matcha Truffles: Delicious Paleo Desserts!
Melt the coconut butter in a glass measuring cup, then stir in the remaining ingredients (except the coconut).
Pour the matcha truffle mixture into a shallow bowl.
Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out the mixture, and use your hands to gently roll the mixture into 1 T. sized balls.
While it is still warm from your hands, roll the truffle in the dessicated coconut and place on a serving platter.
Paleo Coconut Matcha Truffles
1 c. coconut butter
1 matcha powder
4 t. Monk fruit extract
1 t. Maca powder (optional)
Coating: 1 c. desiccated coconut
- Melt the coconut butter in a glass measuring cup, then stir in the remaining ingredients (except the coconut).
- Pour the matcha truffle mixture into a shallow bowl, and place in the freezer for about 15-25 minutes until firm.
- While you’re waiting, put the desiccated coconut into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out the mixture, and use your hands to gently roll the mixture into 1 T. sized balls. The heat from your hands should make this easy, but if the truffle mixture is still too warm or sticky, you’ll need to stick it back in the freezer.
- Once you have a ball formed, and while it is still warm from your hands, roll the truffle in the desiccated coconut and place on a serving platter.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.