- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour, ground blanched
- 1 3/4 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Egg White, at room temperature
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a large bowl, place the almond flour, tapioca starch, salt, and baking powder, and whisk to combine well. Add all the wet ingredients (add ¼ water first), mix to combine well. Add more water by the tablespoon if necessary to bring the dough together.
- Sprinkle the working surface with tapioca flour. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and not sticky.
- Roll the dough into a 2-inch diameter log, and slice evenly to 6 portions. Put in a sealed container and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled, lightly sprinkle the working surface with tapioca starch, and take one piece of the dough and place it on top of the floured surface and start rolling the dough until it’s about 10-inch wide. Cut the dough using a 6-inch round cutter (or a cake pan).
- Heat a cast-iron skillet until hot, place the raw tortilla in the hot skillet and cook for about 40 seconds (or until bubbles come up on the bottom side. Flip the tortilla over and continue to cook for another 10 seconds.
- If you don’t want to use tortilla right away, you can keep in the fridge for 3 days, or freezer for up to 1 week.
- Heat tortilla in microwave for 15-20 seconds before serving.
- Slightly increase the heat if the tortilla doesn’t have golden spots after 40 seconds. However, decrease the heat if the spots are dark brown or black.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 tortilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 499mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate