[60s Quiz] Which Diet is Right for you - Paleo vs Keto?
Over 501 people have already found out. Which is best for your body, goals and lifestyle? Find out in 60sec
Best Paleo Brownies
These really are the best salted caramel brownies, and they’re paleo! Brownies come in many shapes, textures, consistencies, and there’s often debate about whether the edges or the inside pieces are best. I personally prefer the inside gooey pieces and save the edges for my family. These brownies are perfectly fudgy with a ribbon of caramel running through them.
I’ve had these salted brownies with the caramel prepared two ways. One leaves a softer caramel ribbon while the other method hardens the caramel in the cooled brownie a bit more for some extra crunch in the soft brownie.
I personally love the contrast between the gooey inside brownies pieces with the crispy caramel. Topped with the flaked sea salt, it’s borderline perfection.
I love to use Cocomels (any flavor) in these brownies because it saves me the extra step of making my own and they are dairy-free. We actually always have a few bags on hand to take with us on camping or hiking trips, or to sneak a few as a mid-day snack.
The other ingredient that makes these brownies just perfectly perfect is Otto’s Cassava Flour. If you still haven’t tried it yet, you need to get it now. It is our go-to paleo flour and we use it in all our cakes, gravies, dinners, and stews. And, they are now in Whole Foods so it’s easy to just run to your local store and grab a bag. Next, maybe we’ll take a look at making a salted caramel blonde brownies recipe.
My family can’t even tell that these are paleo brownies, they’re just so good! Here’s your ready to impress and easy salted caramel brownies recipe you’ve been waiting for.
Sea Salt Caramel Brownies
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 5 tbsp Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) Otto's Cassava Flour if you don't have a scale, lightly spoon into the measuring cup and level it off
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pkg Cocomels Caramels any flavor
- 2 Tbsp Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk or canned coconut cream (will be slightly less sweet)
- Coarse or Flaked Sea Salt
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and ghee/coconut oil until just barely melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, whisking to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the dry ingredient and mix until you have a smooth, thick batter. Pour the brownie batter into the parchment-lined pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the caramels and sweetened condensed coconut milk. Stir frequently until the caramels melt and combine with the condensed coconut milk.
- If you want a crunchier caramel, let the mixture come to a low boil for a minute. For a chewier caramel, do not let it come to a boil at all, but stir just until barely melted and combined.
- Drizzle the caramel over the top of the brownie batter. Leave as is or swirl with a butter knife into the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with coarse salt. We love Maldon Sea Salt Flakes. Let cool almost completely (if you can wait) and cut into (16) 2" square pieces. If you have a plastic knife available, use that since it glides through the sticky brownies much easier.