Sweet & Tangy Berry Poultry Sauce
Leftover Thanksgiving turkey getting boring. Jazz it up with berries, vinegar, and a little spice to heat things up. Adjust the spiciness to suit your tastebuds.
- ½ cup Frozen Raspberries
- ½ cup Frozen Blackberries
- ⅓ cup Apple Juice no added sugar
- ⅓ cup Honey may want to add more as you cook it
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Shallots -or- 1 small Shallot minced
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 3-4 cups Shredded Chicken or Turkey great way to use leftovers
Combine all ingredients (except chicken/turkein a medium saucepan.
Heat on medium-high until the berries are thawed and the mixture is bubbling.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture has thickened and easily coats the back of a wooden spoon, kind of like a syrup. Taste as it's cooking and if you'd like it a little sweeter, add some more honey.
Remove from heat and pour over shredded chicken or turkey. Mix to evenly coat all the meat.
- Nutrition Facts are for sauce only (not the meat/turkey)