Egg Drop Soup
Egg Drop Soup is typically made with cornstarch as a thickener, but this grain-free version uses arrowroot starch instead and is restaurant quality in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 8 cups Homemade Chicken Broth
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Starch optional, leave out for Whole30 & Keto
- 3-4 Eggs we prefer more, you may prefer less
- 3 Tbsp Fresh or Freeze-Dried Chives chopped
Add the broth, ginger, salt, and arrowroot starch to a stockpot. Bring to a boil over a high flame.
While the soup is coming to a boil, beat the eggs with a fork until they are well scrambled.
When the soup has come to a rolling boil, drizzle the scrambled eggs in a thin stream, with the fork, directly into the boiling broth. Continue drizzling until all the eggs have been added.
Serve the soup hot and top with chives as a garnish.
- I prefer a homemade chicken broth, as it has a much better flavor than even the organic store-bought broth, plus I can control the salt added to the broth.
- If your chicken broth already has salt added, be careful how much you use in this recipe. Taste the broth before adding the eggs and if you want more salt, add it.
- If you don't use the starch, this recipe is 1g carbs per serving.