Egg Roll In A Bowl
Egg roll in a bowl is an easy and tasty recipe that fits the Whole30 and Paleo lifestyle. You can make it in under 30 minutes, and it reheats well. What’s not to love about it?
A wooden spoon or high heat rubber spatula
Cutting board and chef's knife
Wok, Dutch oven, or stainless steel pot with a lid
- 1 lb Ground Chicken or very thinly chopped chicken breast
- 1 large Onion
- 3 large Carrots
- 4 stalks Celery
- 1 small Cabbage Head
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Ginger
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil or olive oil
- 3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 6 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
In a bowl, marinate chicken with sesame oil, oyster sauce, and freshly ground pepper for about 10 minutes while chopping the other vegetables.
Slice onion long ways. Peel and chop carrots into thin sticks. Slice celery into thin pieces. Cut Portobello mushroom into long pieces. Shred a full head of cabbage.
Peel and slice garlic cloves and ginger into small pieces.
In a large pot, add oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil heats up, add garlic and ginger. After 1 minute, add marinated chicken and cook for about a minute.
Add the onions, celery, carrots, and cabbage. Add the soy sauce. Mix well and cover the pot for about 3 minutes. The vegetables will reduce in size and sweat out some water.
Add the mushrooms and cover the pot for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
Remove from the heat and enjoy!
- You will need a very large pot to fit all of the ingredients until they cook down. I use my large Le Creuset Dutch oven when making this dish.
- If you do not have a large pot to cook this recipe, you can make it in two batches. Just split the ingredients in half.
- If using a pre-chopped coleslaw salad bag for the veggies, add the salad bag at the same time as you would the cabbage and carrots.