After 18 months away from OurPaleoLife.com, we’re back.
In late 2018 we were approached with an offer to sell our website. We took the offer in January of 2019 in order to help finance cardnl (a low-carb keto bakery, food production company, and grocery store). While we are still in operation of cardnl we’ve decided to buy back our beloved Our Paleo Life website.
We now have the commercial food prep knowledge (we didn’t have before) to bring you more, incredible paleo & low-carb recipes. We’re also VERY passionate about self sufficiency including homesteading. We’ve got a lot to share. We really hope you forgive us for being away, we promise to be here to answer questions and hopefully provide you with useful information.
Much love! – Kendra & Rob Benson
- Kendra & Rob met in Florida in 2002
- Married in 2003
- Are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- 3 Children
- Rob was in the mortgage industry from 2003-2009 (bubble burst), started as a loan officer, promoted to branch manager, promoted to Vice President of Sales (7 branch locations)
- Moved from Florida to Minnesota in 2009
- Family went completely broke in 2009 (lost everything – big life lesson, wouldn’t change a thing)
- Created the web development company, Spark Logix Studios in 2010 – Later sold company in 2019.
- Moved from Minnesota to Colorado in 2012
- Created blog Our Paleo life in 2013 – Later sold blog in January 2019
- Created local design brand, Horsetooth’d in 2014
- Purchased home in Colorado foothills and started homesteading on very small property (.5 acre) in 2015
- Created a nut butter company, Fat Fit Go in 2018
- Built a commercial kitchen for nut butter production in 2018
- Opened brick and mortar grocery store, cardnl on Nov 3rd, 2018
- Started creating pre-packaged, low-carb food products in early 2019
- Increased bakery capacity of low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free bakery items in early 2019
- Purchased homestead property in Colorado mountains (40+ acres) in January 2020
- Bought back OurPaleoLife.com in July of 2020