You know how some people are “fruity” and some are “chocolatey”? I’m fruity. I would take a fruity dessert over chocolate almost any day of the week. I have a few exceptions, but for the most part, fruit is my go-to sweet. Now that we’re finally getting into the warmer months and berries are more readily available at the stores, we have been eating strawberries like crazy. They are just way too good.
So I’m going to make a confession: I’ve never actually had anything with a strawberry/lime combination. I have heard of it, but never eaten it. I think that’s weird. And wrong. So I had to rectify that. I love them both separately, and I’m sure they would taste amazing together. Well, they totally do.
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 3/4 cup Cold Water
- 1/2 cup Date Paste (see notes)
- 4 cups Frozen Strawberries, halved
- Place all ingredients in the Blendtec (or other high powered blender) in the order listed.
- Choose the "Ice Cream" mode and run through the cycle. If the mixture is too thick, add just a splash more water, push the mixture down in the blender, and run the cycle again.
- You can eat it right away, or place in a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer. Stirring occasionally during the first couple hours will help to keep the mixture smooth and creamy, not icy. The longer you leave it in the freezer, the more icy it will get, so try to make this close to the time you want to serve it for the best texture.
We use this recipe and keep the jar of paste in the fridge to use in various recipes: https://thehealthyfoodie.com/date-paste/
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate