Last Updated on July 31, 2021
I feel like pumpkin pie is one of those polarizing holiday dishes: you either love it or hate it. I fall into the “love” category and would prefer pumpkin over apple or pecan any day, but I certainly wouldn’t urn down any of them! Although pumpkin is still carb-ish, you can still enjoy pumpkin pie on keto with a few changes to the classic recipe.
This recipe gives you a slice of pie at 7g net carbs, but definitely worth it and better than the 40g of carbs (!!!) you get in the classic version. Topped with allulose-sweetened whipped cream, it’s going to be the perfect way to end your holiday dinner.
- 2 cups Explorado Market Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Lakanto Golden
- 3 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1/2 cup Shortening or Butter, cold and cubed
- 1 (15oz) can Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Golden
- 2 lg Eggs
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Explorado Market Allulose
- Combine Crust ingredients (except water) in a food processor and pulse until sand-like texture. Slowly add water while running food processor until dough forms (should only need 2-3 Tbsp).
- Press crust into pie plate, evenly pressing down the bottom and up all the sides. Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temp to 350°F. The crust will puff up slightly. Gently press back down a little before adding pie filling.
- Combine all Pie Filling ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into par-baked pie crust. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until center is mostly set and a knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cover the crust with tinfoil if it starts to brown too much before the pie is done baking.
- Let cool at room temp for 1-2 hours, then cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Serve chilled, garnished with whipped cream.
- To make the whipped cream, combine the Topping ingredients and beat with a hand mixer or electric whisk until fluffy and whipped to semi-stiff peaks. Pipe or spoon onto each pie slice.
This pie is slightly less sweet than a standard pumpkin pie. Add a bit more Lakanto Golden if preferred, but we like to add the extra sweetness by piling on the sweetened whipped cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 slices Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 460Total Fat 42gCarbohydrates 25gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 4gSugar 4gSugar Alcohols 14gProtein 13g