The Easiest Way to Jumpstart Your Metabolism & Kill Cravings
Reset and cleanse your body with budget-friendly & easy meal plan
We drink water all the time. No more milk, no soda, no juice. Just water. And I like that. Water is good, refreshing, satisfying. But recently, for our Memorial Day Murph, I had the feeling that plain water just wouldn’t be enough for our bodies, we needed to replenish more than just water.
I remembered seeing a recipe a while ago for a homemade electrolyte drink, but stupid me didn’t pin it. Luckily I found it again. I have made the lemon-lime version many times in the past month, and attempted the orange version just once with less than stellar results. I may try it again, but I like the lemon-lime so much, I really don’t see the point.
The kids love that they get to drink “juice” and I’m totally fine with it because the only sweetener is a little honey. Locally sourced honey at that. Doesn’t get much better. In addition to being better for you than the Gatorade-type stuff because of the lack of all the sugars and chemicals, it’s also cheaper. Lemons and limes are pretty inexpensive. I use about 2-3 limes and 2 lemons, which cost about $1 total. Then a little honey and I have 48 ounces of the perfect post-sweaty-workout drink.
I totally sounded like an commercial right there.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 5 cups Cold Water
- 6 Tbsp Raw Honey local is preferred
- Add all ingredients to a blender (we prefer the Blendtec) in the order listed, making sure the honey is last.
- Secure the lid and blend on high for about 10 seconds.
- You can either refrigerate and drink later or drink right away. There will be some foam/froth on top if you drink it right away.