Way back in the day, I was enthusiastic about making all of our food from scratch, including almond milk. The Blendtec made the job easier, but there was still the tedious, and very messy, process of straining all the almond pulp out so we weren’t chewing our milk (eww!).
After years of purchasing sub-par almond milk for lack of time, I’ve started making it again. This time, it’s SO much easier. No straining, seriously just 1 minute of work, and boom! fresh almond milk with no thickeners, preservatives, sweeteners, or other weird ingredients.
Did I mention there’s no straining, because there’s not. Just blend some Explorado Market Premium Almond Butter, water, and vanilla and drink. No straining.
I hate straining.
- 2 cups Filtered Water
- 1/4 cup Explorado Market Premium Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend on High for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour almond milk into a glass jar, screw on a lid, and cool in the fridge for about an hour.
- If you prefer a slightly sweetened almond milk, add 1-3 tsp of your preferred sweetener (a liquid sweetener would be best).
- Separation is normal and will occur if not consumed within a few hours of making. If this happens, just shake it up a little before drinking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 0.6gCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 2gSugar: <1gProtein: 3g
Also, this almond butter is for real delicious on so many things. Eat it by the spoonful, on toast, drizzled on ice cream, dip chocolate in it, etc. Roasty, creamy, deliciousness right there.