We had a little recipe contest and had a bunch of entries, thanks! The rules: Create any original Keto recipe you’d like using one or more of our ingredients or products. Well well well… we selected the winners and we’re adding their recipes here (on this post). Enjoy!
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Explorado Market Sweet Keto Baking Mix
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar Substitute (like Lakanto or Swerve)
Coconut Filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Explorado Market Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Explorado Market Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp Unflavored Gelatin (could also use xantham gum)
Chocolate Topping Ingredients:
- Melt butter, add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until dough forms. Refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes to an hour to make the dough easier to roll out.
- Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll the dough out to about an 1/8 inch – it seems thin but it will rise some while baking.
- Using a circle cookie/biscuit cutter, cut into 24 cookies. For the traditional “scout cookie” look, cut another smaller hole inside the cookie. You do not need to do this if you don’t mind!
- CAREFULLY flip and remove the parchment and place on a silpat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. You will need to re-roll excess dough scraps and cut to make the remainder of the cookies.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-11 minutes or until a light golden brown. Let cool completely.
To make Coconut Caramel Topping:
- Heat caramel on stove until warm. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over the caramel, then stir until JUST slightly thickened. Add coconut shreds and mix well. Let cool slightly.
- Spread on top of cookies (I like using a frosting spreader) pushing down and making sure the caramel sticks to the top.
- Freeze/refrigerate coconut caramel topped cookies to set the caramel and make dipping and drizzling chocolate easier.
- Melt chocolate and cocoa butter in a small bowl and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Dip the bottom of each cookie into the chocolate mixture. Set on parchment paper. Use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the top!
- Refrigerate/freeze to set the chocolate and store in the fridge!
Keto Turtle Fudge (2nd Place)
Turtle Fudge Ingredients
- 2/3 cup Explorado Market High-Fat Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Erythritol
- 1 cup Low Carb Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Cubed Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 3 oz (or 1/3 cup) Explorado Market Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 tsp Xanthan Gum
Turtle Fudge Directions
- Prepare an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper leaving wings on each side to lift from pan later. Lightly grease parchment and set pan aside.
- Sift the cocoa powder into a medium sauce pan, add the erythritol and mix together. Add milk. Stir frequently over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. If you have a candy thermometer you should get to “soft ball” stage (235 degrees) or close to it. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can see the chocolate with start to hold shape as you stir it and it should take 15 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla and butter but do not stir. Wait 10 minutes and stir that fudge for five minutes. It will be a loose mixture and first but it will start to come together as you keep stirring. You must stir it hard and fast, it’s a good arm workout.
- Add most of the chopped pecans reserving some for the top. Add the fudge to prepared 8×8 and over half fudge add the reserved pecans and lightly press them in. Put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take 3 oz of the caramel sauce and add in the xanthan gum, mix with a fork and let sit for several minutes. Take fudge out (will still be a little soft) and cut it in half. Put caramel on side without extra pecans and then add the other half on top. Place in fridge for at least another hour.
- Cut into 12 squares (or more) with a sharp knife.
** NOTES **
- I tried allulose twice and could not make it work. I would stick with erythritol for this one.
- This will splash, please be careful and use a long spoon while stirring!
- I have made this with unsweetened almond milk and also FairLife whole milk, both with the same results.
Keto FauxREO Cakesters (3rd Place)
- 1/2 cup Explorado Market Jet Black Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Explorado Market Allulose
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Explorado Market Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup Explorado Market Cocoa Butter, melted completely and cooled
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
- 1 cup Pyure Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together melted butter, black cocoa powder, and allulose. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Stir in almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. (Cookies spread, so be sure to leave enough room for baking.) Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
Cream Filling Directions:
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk softened butter. While mixer is on, pour in cooled melted cacao butter. Scrape sides and mix completely. Whisk on high for one to two minutes or until starting to whip.
- Add confectioners sweetener and vanilla. Continue to whisk on high, scraping sides, until whipped completely. (Use the cream immediately; it will harden as it cools. If this happens, microwave it to soften it and return to the stand mixer and whisk again until whipped.)
- Pipe the cream onto the bottom of one of the cake-cookies. Top with another cake-cookie. Fill all cookies to make sandwiches.