This Keto Strawberry Mug Cake is made with Explorado Market’s Keto Sweet Baking Mix. Easy to make (right in your microwave)… quick, moist, and tasty!
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Explorado Market Sweet Keto Baking Mix
- 1 large Egg Yolk (reserve the egg white)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1/8 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Strawberry, chopped
Marshmallow Meringue Topping, optional
- 1 large Egg White (reserved from cake)
- 1 Tbsp Allulose, see notes
- Put ghee in a microwave-safe mug and microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt. Add all remaining mug cake ingredients (except strawberry) to the mug. Stir with fork to combine really well until smooth. Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Microwave on high for 60-75 seconds (time will vary depending on microwave, try not to overcook it). Carefully remove from microwave.
- Let cool a couple minutes before eating.
MARSHMALLOW MERINGUE TOPPING, optional
- Heat egg white and allulose in a heat-proof dish over a small pot of simmering water, stirring often, until temperature reaches 140°F.
- Remove from heat and use an electric hand mixer to beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, about 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop on top of your mug cake and toast with a kitchen torch (optional, but fun).
This meringue recipe should be used right away and not stored for later, as it tends to separate after a while. We have not tested this recipe with any other sweeteners.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 mug cake Serving Size: 1 imug cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 35gCarbohydrates: 16gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gSugar Alcohols: 9gProtein: 12g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate