The Easiest Way to Jumpstart Your Metabolism & Kill Cravings
Reset and cleanse your body with budget-friendly & easy meal plan
Yeah, so I was having a chocolate craving. That really doesn’t happen that often, I’m not really a chocolate person. I’m more of a cookie or cupcake person. But I wanted chocolate and I wanted it NOW. So I found a recipe on Elana’s Pantry that looked great. It’s always about the picture, right? I would only try a brownie recipe if the picture made it look like a real brownie, not some fake paleo-version of a brownie, and Elana’s looked real. Problem was, I was missing a couple of ingredients so I changed it up just a little bit and I really like the results. I decided that even though the brownies are really good on their own, some Peanut Butter Frosting would really put them over the top. So I made some, duh. And it was amazing, duh!
So go make some brownies, enjoy them, and don’t feel guilty about eating the whole pan. Well, maybe you shouldn’t eat the whole pan. Just saying.
- 1 cup Fine Almond Flour
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Honey
- 9 Medjool dates pits removed, soaked 1 hour
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil softened or melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving flaps overhanging the ends.
- In a food processor or Blendtec, pulse together almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse until it is the texture of coarse sand.
- Add in the cocoa powder, honey, and dates (drain the water firsand pulse until combined. It won’t be very smooth yet.
- Add the eggs and coconut oil and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared 8×8 pan. Smooth into corners and flattern the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking occasionally after the 20 minutes to see if the center has set (it shouldn’t jiggle when you gently shake the pan).
- Once the center is set, remove from oven and let cool in pan, on a wire rack, for 2 hours before cutting.
- Eat as is or frost with Peanut Butter Frosting (recipe on this site).