Ever have one of those days? You know the one where even opening your eyes in the morning is a struggle?
You get soap in your eyes, and forget to shave the other leg? Traffic on the way to work is especially brutal and you hit every stop light. You forget your lunch at home, and the internet is down at work. Everything is a battle and a crisis. One of those days that you wish you could just stay in bed? Or hide under your desk and eat delicious paleo treats (cookies or brownies).
I had one of those days. One of those days when the thought of making dinner was actually repulsing. The thought of going to the grocery store evoked a quivering lip and tears welled in my eyes. This was an incredibly rare event for me as I generally feel most relaxed in the kitchen and love to shop!
I wished for paleo friendly fast food, or a handsome man servant to open some wine and make me dinner, and then rub my feet.
I was saved by this recipe. I had a flavorful and healthy dinner made in 30 min, with ingredients I had in my freezer and pantry. And of course after a good meal, the world is a better place. Thank God for fast easy paleo food! Food love to the rescue! Although… I’ll still take that handsome man servant if you found one for me…
- 2 Tilapia Fillets, or other white fish, cod, halibut, pollock
- Sprinkle of Avocado Oil
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 2 cups Peaches, fresh, frozen, or canned
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno or Fresno Pepper, seeded for a less spicy dish
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 sprigs Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lay fish out on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle fish with avocado oil, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- In a food processor or blender combine: peaches, onion, pepper, jalapeño, garlic and cilantro, blend until smooth.
- Place in a pot and bring to a boil, reducing to a simmer.
- Add coconut vinegar, chia seeds and lemon juice, stir and let simmer a few minutes.
- Serve peach sauce over fish fillets.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 757Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 270mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 18gProtein: 108g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate