The Easiest Way to Jumpstart Your Metabolism & Kill Cravings
Reset and cleanse your body with budget-friendly & easy meal plan
Can you believe it’s already the middle of January? Did you do a 21 day sugar detox, Whole 30, or paleo challenge to start off your year? Raj and I did, 30 days strict paleo. I find the orthodox paleo far less restrictive than a 21 day sugar detox or AIP (Autoimmune protocol) Diet. If you have made the commitment and are still with us now, good for you! I’m so proud of you! Even if you have slipped up, keep with it! It truly can be a life changer. What have been your biggest hurdles or accomplishments? Please share them in the comments below.
By this point in the challenge I have an especially hard time with breakfasts. I am sick of eggs, and getting up early to cook them. I have eaten so many vegetables I actually get tired of chewing them. I eye up leftover pork tenderloin and brussel sprouts and consider blending them into a smoothie, simply so I won’t have to chew them. I know, disgusting. I also hit a speed bump for flavors. I have a handful of go-to meals and I’m sick of them. Day dreaming at my day job I did some serious tongue searching (not soul searching) about what I could do to get over this halfway hump. I wanted something spicy, crunchy, creamy. I wanted a bacon ranch wrap. I didn’t want to mess around with paleo flat breads (Brittney Angel has an amazing on in her new book Every Last Crumb), or wraps (My Heart Beets has some great recipes), and didn’t want to chew thru an entire salad so I enlisted the help of Raj, who is our resident omelette specialist over at The Primal Desire, and together we created this Chicken Bacon Ranch Omelette. A little bit of spice, smokey bacon and creamy paleo ranch are tied together with the crisp and crunchy shredded lettuce. That’s right we put lettuce in our omelette, and it exactly satisfied my craving!
Try it out, breakfast lunch or dinner, you won’t be disappointed!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Omelette
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and put into a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, hot sauce and garlic powder, stir and let sit a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breast strips on a baking sheet and cover with bacon strips (then the bacon fat flavours those chicken breasts, YUM!)
- Bake 35-45 min depending on how well you like your bacon cooked. Alternately you can pan fry chicken and bacon together if in a hurry.
- Once cooked, chop the chicken and bacon into bite size chunks.
- Break eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk until they are a uniform texture.
- Pour half the mixture into a pan over medium to medium-high heat, cook 2-4 min (until mostly solid but before overcooked) and carefully flip, cooking until the second side is slightly browned. Repeat with the remainder of the mixture (for second omelette).
- Spread half the bacon and chicken over one half of each of the omelette bases.
- Top with ½ avocado, ½ cup shredded lettuce and drizzle 2 tbsp ranch over top.
- Fold egg over and garnish with diced chives and cherry tomatoes.
- Add additional hot sauce if you like it spicy!