The Easiest Way to Jumpstart Your Metabolism & Kill Cravings
Reset and cleanse your body with budget-friendly & easy meal plan
Did you think chia seeds were only for 80’s children’s toys? I did. I had no idea how good they were for you, what good they do for detoxing your system. Not only that, but they tend to make a really great pudding.
I was perusing the crunchy/granola/hippie section of the grocery store, as I often do, and I came across the refirgerated drink section. Guess what I found? A chia seed drink. Totally piqued my interest and just for the sheer novelty of it, I had to try it. The texture took me completely off guard. It was more like a chunky gel than a drink. It was, well, pudding-link, without the creaminess.
I decided to mix some chia seeds with some chocolate almond milk, figuring it would get all gelatinous like the drink. Score! It totally worked! The first time I made it, the kids weren’t too wild about it. Kinda weird and new, I guess. But I didn’t give up, and tried again. Now they beg for it. I love when they love the healthy “junk food”.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 cup Chocolate Almond Milk homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- Splash of Vanilla
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Mix everything together in a bowl, cup, tupperware, whatever. Just make sure you have a lid or cover for it.
- Let sit in the refrigerator about 30 minutes, then stir it up, breaking up any chunks.
- Put back in the refrigerator and leave for at least an hour more. Sometimes I forget and leave it overnight. Stir again, breaking up any more blobs.
- Serve with strawberries (totally optional, but really good).