A Different Scrambled Egg
Scrambled eggs are the most commonly eaten breakfast around here. They’re easy, fast, and when you have a dozen chickens, sometimes you’re overrun with eggs and need to just get through them all. And I honestly can’t blame my kids for getting tired of the same ol’ thing every morning.
One day I decided to mix things up and prepare our standard scrambled eggs just slightly different. It wasn’t a huge change, but enough to make a big impact with the kids. After devouring their breakfast in record time, they said they needed those eggs every morning! That’s how you know something is a success, when the kids love it.
Low Temp Scrambled Eggs
These are actually my favorite way to eat scrambled eggs too. They are full of flavor, creamy, and they’re not dry/rubbery little curds. Cooking them at a lower temp than normal helps to keep them from drying out so you get all the flavor from the egg and no crispy bits from the cheese.
- 4 Tbsp Grass-Fed Butter
- 8 large Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Chives, optional, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted and starting to bubble.
- While the butter is melting, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl until creamy and smooth. Pour into heated skillet.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and let sit in the skillet, undisturbed, for about 30 seconds to a minute (when you start to see the eggs firm up and become slightly opaque around the edges).
- Using a silicone spatula, fold the edges of the eggs towards the center. Continue scrambling in this way, scraping melted cheese into the eggs, until the eggs are cooked to your preferred firmness (time will vary depending on if you like more wet or dry eggs). About halfway through, the cheese will get pretty stringy but will come together more with the eggs towards the end.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of freshly chopped chives.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 437mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 16g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate