I’m always trying to find some new way to make eggs. I bet you’ll be hard-pressed to find a Paleo-eater that isn’t trying to mix up the egg routine. Basically, I just found a bunch of stuff in the fridge and through it together. I figured the man of the house might like a little extra punch, so I threw some diced jalapenos in the mix. Wow. Best decision ever! He didn’t even need to douse it in hot sauce this time (FYI, Tapatio is his favorite).
Scrambled Egg Hash
- Place bacon pieces in a cold skillet (I prefer cast iron). Turn on heat to medium-high and cook the bacon, stirring occasionally to keep them from burning.
- When they are not quite done (about 10-ish minutes), add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet. Continue cooking until they are slightly translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the mushrooms, and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the diced jalapenos.
- Push the veggie mixture to the side of the skillet, leaving room for the eggs. Add you eggs to the skillet on the empty side and scramble for a bit. While the eggs are still not fully cooked, mix the veggies into the scrambled eggs and continue scrambling until the eggs are thoroughly cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowls, preferably with a side of more bacon. Just sayin'.