I’m always trying to find some new way to make eggs. I bet you’ll be hard-pressed to find a Paleo-eater that isn’t trying to mix up the egg routine. Basically, I just found a bunch of stuff in the fridge and through it together. I figured the man of the house might like a little extra punch, so I threw some diced jalapenos in the mix. Wow. Best decision ever! He didn’t even need to douse it in hot sauce this time (FYI, Tapatio is his favorite).
- 4 slices Bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 White Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 4 oz can Diced Jalapenos, drained
- 6 Eggs
- Place bacon pieces in a cold skillet (I prefer cast iron). Turn on heat to medium-high and cook the bacon, stirring occasionally to keep them from burning.
- When they are not quite done (about 10-ish minutes), add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet. Continue cooking until they are slightly translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the mushrooms, and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the diced jalapenos.
- Push the veggie mixture to the side of the skillet, leaving room for the eggs. Add you eggs to the skillet on the empty side and scramble for a bit. While the eggs are still not fully cooked, mix the veggies into the scrambled eggs and continue scrambling until the eggs are thoroughly cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowls, preferably with a side of more bacon. Just sayin'.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 2 eggs
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 387mgSodium 402mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 18g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate