[60s Quiz] Which Diet is Right for you - Paleo vs Keto?
Over 501 people have already found out. Which is best for your body, goals and lifestyle? Find out in 60sec
Um, bacon and sweet potatoes? I really can’t think of anything better. Well, I can’t think of anything better that doesn’t include chocolate. Maybe if we dipped the Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potatoes IN chocolate? Oh. My. Gosh……
Wait, where was I? Oh, right. Bacon. And sweet potatoes. But how about you try dipping them in some Jalapeno-Lime Mayo? That’s seriously super delicious. But I won’t judge if you use chocolate instead.
Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Fries with Lime-Jalapeno Mayo
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 4-6 Slices of Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the bacon vertically so you have about 2-3 long strips from each piece. Not gonna lie, this part is a pain.
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and nuke for about 20 seconds to melt.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice into equal width sticks. My cutting board has inch-marks on it, so I can make sure they're even. But I'm weird like that. Ideal stick size would be 3" long and 1/4 thick.
- Dump all the sticks in the bowl with the melted coconut oil. If you're like me, you'll dirty a wooden spoon to mix it all together. Make sure all the sweet potatoes are evenly coated with the oil. You can also sprinkle in some cinnamon now, making sure it's mixed evenly.
- Wrap each strip of bacon around one sweet potato stick. Place it on your prepared baking pan. Continue until all sweet potatoes are wrapped or you have run out of room. Don't overcrowd the pan, they won't get crispy. I like to get all OCD and line my fries up in even little rows. Don't be weird like me.
- Put the baking pan in the middle rack of your oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping once if you want. After the 20-minute mark, keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn. A few will, but I always say it's fine to lose a few for the greater good. You want the rest to be nice a crispy.
- Remove from oven when they're nice and brown on the edges (not too dark).