This recipe is: KETO, PALEO, & WHOLE30 Approved
Keto Crab Cakes Recipe
With the cost of jumbo lump blue crab meat being a tad on the high-end, this recipe is scaled down to only use a 1/2 pound, which yields about 5 small crab cakes. And by using pork rind crumbs as the binder, rather than traditional panko crumbs, these crab cakes are low carb, only 1g per cake!
For the Horseradish Dip, make sure you use a brand of prepared horseradish that does not use corn syrup or sugar. It’s tough to find, but they’re out there. If you can’t find any, grate a bit of fresh horseradish into the dip instead. And don’t skimp on the fresh lemon juice. It’s the perfect compliment to these decadent crab cakes!
- 1/2 lb Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 2 Tbsp Mayo (no sugar added)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh-Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 lg Egg Yolk
- 1/2 cup Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs (unseasoned)
- 1/2 cup Mayo (no sugar added)
- 1/2 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish (no sugar - Gold's is a good brand)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Gently dry the jumbo lump crab meat on paper towels, being careful not the break apart the lumps.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, seasoning, and lemon juice. Stir until smooth.
- Add crab meat, pork rind crumbs, and egg yolk, gently folding together just until coated and combined, again being careful not to break apart the crab meat. Gently form about 4 crab cakes and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- With the broiler on HIGH heat, place the crab cakes on the top rack. Let the crab cakes cook under the broil until browned and crispy on top, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve right away with Horseradish Dip.
- Combine all dip ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to use.
- Don't have any Old Bay? You can use Cajun Seasoning in a pinch, it will just have a little extra spiciness.
- Doubling the recipe? Just use 1 whole egg (whisked well) rather than 2 egg yolks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 crab cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 680mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 36g
This data was provided and calculated by a third party and accuracy can not be guaranteed