I found this recipe floating around Pinterest (what don’t I find on Pinterest?!) and thought I’d give it a shot. Sometimes we get in a chicken-rut around here. You know what I’m talking about. So we needed to break out and eat some different meat. Shrimp sounded delicious and it had been a while since I made it. I always forget about shrimp when I meal plan. I need to add it to the rotation more often.
I made this recipe a little less spicy since I was feeding it to the kids as well, and I didn’t put any sauce on the baby’s shrimp (she LOVES them plain, anyway). I have also split the sauce in half and made some more spicy than the other so we could have adult-sauce and kid-sauce at the same time. If I feel like getting fancy, I’ll make some Zucchini Noodles and serve it with those.
Also, I always double this for our family of 5 and Rob barely has enough leftover for a small lunch the next day. What can I say, we really like food.
- 1 lb frozen Shrimp, thawed, peeled, deveined
- 3/4 cup Paleo Lime Mayo
- 3 Tbsp Tapatio Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Put the shrimp in a bowl and add garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix around to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While you’re waiting for the oil to heat up, combine the mayo, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes in a medium sized bowl.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp, stirring frequently.
- When the shrimp are opaque and done (about 3-5 minutes) add them to the sauce in the bowl bowl and stir until coated.
- Serve over some Zucchini Noodles (recipe on this site) and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/2 lb
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 481mgSodium: 3050mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 53g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate