This has got to be one of my favorite post-WOD foods. An easy little muffin thingy that’s loaded with sweet potatoes and no added sugars. Perfect.
I have made these with the honey, but they are honestly fine without it. I see no need to add extra sweeteners when it’s not really necessary.
- 1 large Sweet Potato, peeled & diced
- 1 Banana, peeled
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Pecans, Walnuts, or Almonds
- 1/3 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil, softened or melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla, leave out for Whole30
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, to sprinkle on tops
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sweet potato cubes in a microwave safe bowl, cover with water, and microwave until fork-tender (mine takes about 7-8 minutes). Drain the water.
- If you have a Blendtec, Put all ingredients (except coconut) in the blender in the order listed. Press the Batter button.
- If you don't have a Blendtec or have a regular blender, put the sweet potato and banana in a food processor or blender and puree. Then the nuts, flax seed meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Puree until completely broken down and smooth.
- Then add the wet ingredients: coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Puree until smooth.
- Use silicone muffin liners for best results. If you don't have those, use 5" parchment paper squares pressed into the muffin liners. If you don't have parchment, use regular paper muffin liners (these stick a lot more).
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out and pour ingredients into each cup. You're going for about 3/4 full here.
- Sprinkle each souffle with the shredded coconut.
- Bake souffles for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are a nice golden brown. The inside might still be a little soft.
- Try to let them cool a bit before you eat them, it will help them firm up a bit more and be less mushy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 souffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate