Looking for all of the Paleo Recipes?
Taco Salad Recipe
This recipe has been on the website since 2013 and we’ve gotten emails and social messages about how this plate it’s made the regular dinner rotation in many homes. That’s exciting and thank you for all the kind words and enjoy this flavorful mix!
One of the reasons for the success of this dinner recipe is how easy it is to make, and how many flavorful ingredients it has. It doesn’t take long cooking, you can customize it and it’s really fresh and delicious.
Make Taco Seasoning Blend
The key ingredient is the super-simple Taco Seasoning. Skip the premade packets from the store that are loaded with preservatives and artificial colors and flavors. This recipe includes 8 basic spices you probably already have in your pantry.
Taco Salad for a Crowd
While the recipe is good as-is for a family of 4 and no leftovers, we like more than that. So make sure to double the taco salad recipe if you want leftovers or have a larger family. We double it every time.
- 1 lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 batch Taco Seasoning, recipe below
- 1 bunch Romaine Lettuce, cut or torn into small
- 1 Bell Pepper, any color
- 1 can Black Olives, or 2 cans if you love olives like us, sliced
- 1-2 Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 Cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 Avocado, pitted and diced
- Salsa, no added sugar, preferably homemade
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- When the beef is no longer pink, add the taco seasoning and 1 Tbsp water to the skillet and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- While the beef is browning, prep all the vegetables.
- Serve by layering the lettuce, beef, and all veggies on individual serving plates. Top with salsa.
- If you're primal, add some grass-fed sour cream (because sour cream is awesome!).
- Combine all ingredients. Makes enough for 1 pound of ground beef.
- Nutritional Facts do not include the salsa
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1791mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate