Reset Your Metabolism with Time-Tested Nutrition…
Without Hours of Planning and Endless Cooking
Looking for all of the Paleo Recipes?
Taco Salad Recipe
This recipe has been on the website since 2013 and we’ve gotten emails and social messages about how this plate it’s made the regular dinner rotation in many homes. That’s exciting and thank you for all the kind words and enjoy this flavorful mix!
One of the reasons for the success of this dinner recipe is how easy it is to make, and how many flavorful indredients it has. It doesn’t take long cooking, you can customize it and it’s really fresh and delicious.
Make Taco Seasoning Blend
The key ingredient is the super-simple Taco Seasoning. Skip the premade packets from the store that are loaded with preservatives and artificial colors and flavors. This recipe includes 8 basic spices you probably already have in your pantry.
Taco Salad for a Crowd
While the recipe is good as-is for a family of 4 and no leftovers, we like more than that. So make sure to double the taco salad recipe if you want leftovers or have a larger family. We double it every time.
And if you’re lacto-paleo/primal, go ahead and add some quality sharp cheddar and sour cream on top as dressing with some fresh cilantro. You can’t go wrong with cheese and sour cream taste! Or if you prefer, lime juice, some olive oil, or your favorite veggie oil would be great. You can play with all kind of ingredients and flavours!
Paleo Taco Salad
- 1 lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 batch Taco Seasoning recipe below
- 1 bunch Romaine Lettuce cut or torn into small
- 1 Bell Pepper any color
- 1 can Black Olives or 2 cans if you love olives like us, sliced
- 1-2 Tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 Cucumber seeded and diced
- 1 Avocado pitted and diced
- Salsa no added sugar, preferably homemade
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- When the beef is no longer pink, add the taco seasoning and 1 Tbsp water to the skillet and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- While the beef is browning, prep all the vegetables.
- Serve by layering the lettuce, beef, and all veggies on individual serving plates. Top with salsa.
- If you're primal, add some grass-fed sour cream (because sour cream is awesome!).
- Combine all ingredients. Makes enough for 1 pound of ground beef.
- Nutritional Facts do not include the salsa