If you’ve already tried my regular Paleo “Faux”tmeal, then you have to try this one! And if you haven’t tried the regular, you should still try this one!
In an effort to find fun stuff for my kids to eat that is still healthy, I decided to change up the plain ole banana stuff and add some peanut butter and chocolate to the mix. Because that is seriously one of the best food combinations on the face of the planet. You can’t even deny that.
I usually double this recipe so it’s enough to feed my 2.5 children. If you do, use a bigger skillet and know it may take a little longer to cook.
PB & Chocolate Paleo "Faux"tmeal
- 1 t ripe Banana big, small, doesn' matter
- 1 large Egg
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- Splash of Vanilla
- 2 tsp Peanut Butter or other Nut Butter I use fresh ground, unsalted, no sugar added
- 1-2 tsp Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips we prefer 2 tsp, duh
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Mash the banana with a fork until it almost smooth and pretty liquified.
- Using the fork, beat in the egg until you have a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Scoop in the peanut butter. This part is a little tough, but keep mixing with the fork until it's all combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour the entire banana mixture in the skillet. Let sit for about 30 seconds and then begin gently scrambling with a silicone spatula. Continue gently mixing and flipping until the mixture is cooked through and crispy golden on the outside. You can further break it down into smaller pieces. Towards the end, mix in the chocolate chips. They will get all melty and delicious.
- Put it in a bowl and watch it disappear!