So, the title says “for one”, but if you really wanted to be nice, this could be for two. But I like chocolate cake, and just half of one of these wouldn’t be enough for my pb-chocolate-loving husband. Just saying…
By the way, you can sprinkle in some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, because you really can’t have too much chocolate.
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Almond Flour (-or- 1 Tbsp packed Coconut Flour)
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 dash Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To conserve energy for such a small dish, use the toaster oven, if you have one.
- In an oven safe ramekin (I use my 2 cup Pyrex dish), melt coconut oil. Mix in maple syrup and cocoa powder.
- Whisk in your egg (no need to break out the whisk, a fork is fine).
- Add flour of choice, mix until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Drop peanut butter and chocolate chips onto the top of your batter and swirl/gently mix with a butter knife until you have a nice swirled pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. If you want, you can separate this into 2 cupcake lines and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes. If you're baking two ramekins, increase your bake time to approximately 25 minutes (watch closely at the end).
- Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Eat (and maybe share)!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 815Total Fat 63gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 186mgSodium 535mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 7gSugar 28gProtein 21g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate