Probably one of the hardest things for me is to find a good meal after a WOD. I’m not one of those cool people that plans ahead of time so I usually get home from the gym and am like “Oh crap, what do I eat?!” Sweet potatoes are good after a workout but take forever to make. Unless you shred them, of course. So that’s what I do. And as a friend of mine pointed out, shredded sweet potatoes look an awful lot like shredded cheese, and since I’m dairy-free now, I still have fond memories of melty Cheddar, so I’m okay with that.
Post WOD Scramble
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt 1tsp coconut oil.
- When the skillet is hot, add the onions and mushrooms. Saute until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the remaining 1tsp of coconut oil to the skillet.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet and mix in with the onions. Saute them until they are soft but have slightly crunchy edges, about 3-4 minutes.
- Crack the eggs directly into the skillet on top of the veggies. Add your salt and start scrambling the eggs to mix with the veggies. Continue cooking and occasionally scrambling until the eggs are cooked through.
- Remove the scramble from the skillet and place in a bowl and top with diced avocado.
- Eat and feel healthy.