I don’t even like salmon. That is unless it’s raw and melty delicious. Seriously, salmon sashimi is the food of the gods. But I digress. I don’t like cooked salmon. But I love crab cakes. A lot. And you know what? These salmon cakes are great, even for a cooked-salmon-hater like myself. And they’re even better dipped in some Jalapeno-Lime Mayo and some of The Best Guacamole. Do it.
- 8 oz Salmon Filet, baked and cooled
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp small Onion, or 1 Dried Minced Onion, minced
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sweet Potatoes, shredded
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Coconut Oil, to fry
- In a medium bowl, flake the salmon with a fork. Mix in the eggs, garlic, almond flour, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat (I set my flame to 4). Scoop mixture into 3 inch patties, about 1/2 inch thick. In batches (whatever fits in your skillet), cook patties about 3-5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Watch carefully to make sure they don't burn. My first batch was a little crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate