This cocoa is a bit rich, so you might want to cut back on the cocoa if you’re not a chocoholic. Also, the grass-fed gelatin isn’t required to make this recipe a success, it just helps thicken it a bit (since I prefer almond milk over the thicker option of coconut milk), and it also adds some protein and lots of other good-for-you stuff. It’s a secret super-food 🙂
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Tahitian Vanilla Extract
- 5 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Grass-Fed Gelatin
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Combine the cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, gelatin, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the almond milk and vanilla over medium heat until scalding (not quite boiling).
- When the milk is heated, add the honey and whisk until combined.
- While whisking constantly, slowly pour in the cocoa powder mixture. Never stop whisking. If you do, you'll wind up with grody lumps.
- After you've poured in all the cocoa powder, continue whisking just a little longer to ensure it's all mixed and no lumps remain.
- Serve hot, topped with paleo marshmallows.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 4g