One of the things people often miss most when starting a Paleo diet is the “crunch” of various foods.
I can relate. I definitely got tired very quickly of only eating food that was either chewy or mushy. So I spent a long time trying to come up with dishes that would replace that crunch in my diet.
These crackers are an easy way to get that experience back in a Paleo way. You can actually make them in a variety of flavors (we also make a curry variety), but the Italian herbs and seasonings are my personal favorite.
I hope you love them!
- 1 1/2 cups (143 g) Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp (5 g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.5 g) Basil
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Thyme
- 1/4 tsp (0.5 g) Oregano
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.5 g) Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a dough.
- Shape dough into a long rectangular log (use some foil or cling film to pack the dough tight) and then cut into thin slices (approximately 0.2 inches (0.5 cm) thick). Gently place each slice onto a parchment paper lined baking tray. It makes approx. 20-30 crackers, depending on size.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Italian seasoning can be used instead of basil, thyme, oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder if you don't have those available.
- Other nut flours can be used instead of almond flour (just food process the nuts using a food processor or blender into a fine meal).