This is probably the easiest, quickest breakfast or snack ever! I make it for the kids and husband every morning with their eggs.
The original recipe called for nuking the apples in a plastic ziplock bag, but that freaked me out. It works perfectly in a glass bowl or jar, so that’s what I do. The important part is to make sure you vent the lid for the steam to escape. Every now and then, the lid flies off my bowl in the microwave, but it really makes no difference that I’ve noticed in the way the apples cook.
- 1 Sweet Apple (no green apples allowed)
- ½ Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Dash of Ground Nutmeg
- Small Glass Bowl
- Plastic Wrap or Lid for the Bowl
- Using an apple slicer (or a knife), cut your apple into wedges. You can either peel it before or after (I prefer after). Cut wedges in half, if you prefer, or if this is for little ones.
- Put the coconut oil in the small bowl (I use a Pyrex dish for this) and microwave it for about 15-20 seconds until it's melted.
- Place apples and all other ingredients into the glass bowl. Mix it around to get the oil and spices on all the apples. Don't stress to much about perfection here.
- Place the lid or plastic wrap on the top of the bowl. Leave a small vent open for steam to escape.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2:15.
- Be very careful removing the bowl from the microwave. It will be extremely hot and there will be steam. Use potholders here, it really helps.
- Give everything a quick little stir, and devour them!