My friend, Tracee, that is also on this Whole30 challenge with me, created this recipe. As is, it is super delicious. But I added some of my Best Guacamole and it is awesome! The perfect breakfast for mass crowds, a kid-pleaser, and a great post-WOD meal, this is a do-it-all recipe. It makes a lot and is just as good reheated as it is fresh out of the oven. You can use Chorizo (as indicated in the recipe) or you can use my Breakfast Sausage. Both taste very different (the Chorizo is much spicier) but they are both very good.
All Day Frittata
- 1 Sweet Potato shredded
- 1 Yellow Onion small
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage or Chorizo. Make sure to read the label and get one that doesn't sneak sugar in it
- 12 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Place your shredded sweet potatoes in the bottom of the dish.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until they are translucent.
- Add the sausage to the pan with the onions and cook all the way through, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Evenly pour the sausage mixture into the baking dish over the sweet potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and then evenly pour them on top of the sausage.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and guacamole!