Recipes that are easy, delicious, and filling are the best kind. This frittata checks all those boxes. 5 simple ingredients, just two dishes, then bake. Kids love it too, so it’s basically perfect.
You can also bake this in advance and just heat up individual pieces when you’re ready. Add some Guacamole for even more flavor. Don’t be surprised when you want to eat this breakfast, lunch, AND dinner!
- 1 Sweet Potato, shredded
- 1 Yellow Onion, small
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb OPL Breakfast Sausage or Chorizo (Make sure to read the label and get one that doesn't sneak sugar in it)
- 12 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Place your shredded sweet potatoes in the bottom of the dish.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until they are translucent.
- Add the sausage to the pan with the onions and cook all the way through, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Evenly pour the sausage mixture into the baking dish over the sweet potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and then evenly pour them on top of the sausage.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and guacamole!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 331mgSodium 617mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 21g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate