Recipes that are easy, delicious, and filling are the best kind. This frittata checks all those boxes. 5 simple ingredients, just two dishes, then bake. Kids love it too, so it’s basically perfect.
You can also bake this in advance and just heat up individual pieces when you’re ready. Add some Guacamole for even more flavor. Don’t be surprised when you want to eat this breakfast, lunch, AND dinner!
All Day Frittata
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 Sweet Potato, shredded
- 1 Yellow Onion, small
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb OPL Breakfast Sausage or Chorizo (Make sure to read the label and get one that doesn't sneak sugar in it)
- 12 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Place your shredded sweet potatoes in the bottom of the dish.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until they are translucent.
- Add the sausage to the pan with the onions and cook all the way through, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Evenly pour the sausage mixture into the baking dish over the sweet potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and then evenly pour them on top of the sausage.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and guacamole!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 331mgSodium 617mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 21g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate
Friday 10th of August 2018
Can I freeze left overs for week 2 breakfast?
Sunday 12th of August 2018
Tuesday 26th of June 2018
It came out great! Now on day 3 of eating it and just as yummy. Next time I will also add some veggies.
Monday 2nd of October 2017
Great Recipe! I added spinach and red peppers to mine as well.
Friday 28th of April 2017
Do I need to pre bake the sweet potato at all?
*also I am a FL native now living in CO :) I do miss my beach time, but colorado is beautiful too.
Sunday 4th of June 2017
I did not pre-bake the potatoes and it came out great! I added sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil too!
Thursday 28th of January 2016
I love sweet potatoes, but to mix it up. I sometimes chop up broccoli in te food processor and use that for the bottom