The day we got our Blendtec, we had to make soup for dinner because we just couldn’t believe you could take raw veggies and a blender would turn them into a cooked, smooth, creamy soup. I mean, seriously, it makes no sense. But it does it! And it tastes so good!
The first time we made it, we weren’t yet on the paleo way of eating, so we added some black beans, corn, and cheese. And I’ll be honest, it was delicious! But it’s still good without. Really good.
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Carrot, cut into large pieces
- 2/3 cup Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Water, Hot, but not boiling, just very hot
- 1-2 more Plum Tomatoes, OPTIONAL, chopped
- 1 Chicken Breast, OPTIONAL, or a can of chicken, this is easier, cooked and shredded
- Add all ingredients to the Blendtec (4-side or 5-side jar) in the order listed and put the lid on.
- Press the "Soups" button and let it run the full cycle (90 seconds).
- You can either serve as-is, or add the optional tomatoes and chicken and pulse a couple times for more texture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 2674mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 12gSugar: 12gProtein: 53g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate