The day we got our Blendtec, we had to make soup for dinner because we just couldn’t believe you could take raw veggies and a blender would turn them into a cooked, smooth, creamy soup. I mean, seriously, it makes no sense. But it does it! And it tastes so good!
The first time we made it, we weren’t yet on the paleo way of eating, so we added some black beans, corn, and cheese. And I’ll be honest, it was delicious! But it’s still good without. Really good.
Blendtec Southwest SoupPrint
- 2 Plum Tomatoes quartered
- 1 Carrot cut into large pieces
- 2/3 cup Red Bell Pepper slices
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Hot Water not boiling, just very hot
- 1-2 more Plum Tomatoes OPTIONAL, chopped
- 1 Chicken Breast OPTIONAL, or a can of chicken, this is easier, cooked and shredded
Add all ingredients to the Blendtec (4-side or 5-side jar) in the order listed and put the lid on.
- Press the "Soups" button and let it run the full cycle (90 seconds).
- You can either serve as-is, or add the optional tomatoes and chicken and pulse a couple times for more texture.