Is “breadless” a word? I don’t think it it, but I don’t care, that’s what this sandwich is, so I’m going with it.
When I was pregnant with my first and still had a “real” job, I would go to the cafeteria almost every day for a BLT on toasted white bread. So delicious. And while I’m not a fan of tomatoes on their own, something about adding bacon and lettuce to them is just magical. So being paleo and all, not having a toasty, delicious BLT was a bummer. Until I realized the “L” could be the bread. Duh. Sometimes I’m not right on the ball people, cut me some slack.
I realize this is not a novel idea, but since I’m trying to keep track of my own meals while sharing them with everyone else, I’m putting it here anyway. Maybe I can help some other poor, brainless momma like myself. Tell me I’m not the only one…
- 2 Leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 2 slices of Tomato
- 3 pieces Bacon, cooked & cooled
- 2 Tbsp Paleo Mayo
- Rinse and dry the romaine leaves.
- Slice the tomato slices in half, so you have two half-circles.
- Slice the bacon into smaller strips or leave whole (personal preference, I slice mine)
- Slather some mayo on the romaine leaves. Layer the bacon and tomato on top of that.
- Fold up and eat. Yum!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 BLT
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate