Keto Blue Cheese (high fat!)
When I was growing up, all the adults in my life liked blue cheese dressing. It made absolutely no sense to me at all. If you had the option to eat ranch dressing, why on earth would you choose blue cheese. Man I was naive…
The older I got, the more brave I got with food choices. For a while I could only eat blue cheese dressing with celery and chicken wings. Eventually I broadened my horizons to other veggies and eventually salads and realized I really liked the flavor of it. I guess it just took some growing up to realize that.
Healthy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
The problem is that you can’t really buy dressings from the store that don’t include a bunch of preservatives and un-pronounceable ingredients that I didn’t want to consume or feed to my family. The list of salad dressings I make has grown over the years, and finally this Blue Cheese Dressing has made it to the list.
Keto Veggie Dip
We like it chunky so we get that burst of blue cheese flavor in each bite, but if you’re the creamy dressing type, this recipe is still for you (there are directions for both versions). It is SO good on a Cobb Salad, or just in a dish to dip your favorite veggies.
- Add mayo, sour cream, heavy cream, oil, salt, and pepper to a blender or to the bowl of a food processor. Process/blend on high until smooth.
- For a SMOOTH dressing: Add the chives and all of the crumbled blue cheese. Pulse until combined and completely smooth.
- For a CHUNKY dressing: Add the chives and half of the crumbled blue cheese. Pulse until combined but not completely smooth. Stir in the rest of the blue cheese crumbles.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- If you double the MCT/Avocado Oil, the fat per tablespoon increases to 9g.