Turn Your Body into a Fat Burning Machine...
Without Hours of Planning and Eating the Same Boring Meals Everyday
Cobb Salad Recipe
If I had to pick one meal to eat for the rest of my life, it would be salad. Any salad. I. Love. Salads. They are so versatile. You can put anything in them, top them with anything, they’re healthy and loaded with healthy fats, protein, and fiber. You really can’t go wrong.
But when you eat a lot of salad, you’ve got to mix it up a little. If I’m not making my favorite House Salad, or my Crispy Chicken or Chicken Bacon salads, it’s usually just some mixed greens with whatever veggies we’ve got and some oil and vinegar. But sometimes I actually have a plan and this Cobb Salad is a huge hit with everyone (kids included) in our house.
Cobb Blue Cheese Salad
I mean, there’s bacon and chicken and eggs and avocados! And tomatoes of course. Even the tomato-haters in our family eat them allup because this salad is just that good. Ideally you’d top it with some Blue Cheese Dressing, but if you’re wanting to stay dairy-free, it’s equally delicious with some Paleo Ranch Dressing.
- 8 slices Bacon
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs sliced
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 Avocados halved, pitted, diced
- Blue Cheese Dressing or dairy-free ranch dressing for Whole30
- Place the bacon on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Put in the oven and turn the heat up to 400°F. Cook until crispy, about 20 minutes (do not let them overcook). Remove from oven and drain bacon on paper towels.
- While the bacon is cooking, place the chicken breasts in a bowl and toss to coat with the avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken breasts and cook until no longer pink, turning as needed. Remove from skillet and let sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Divide the chopped romaine and the baby spinach evenly between 4 bowls. Slice the chicken breasts and divide them evenly between the 4 bowls, layering them across the center of the greens.
- Arrange the sliced eggs on one side of the chicken, and the diced avocados on the other side of the chicken.
- Dice the bacon and add it next to the avocados and arrange the halved tomatoes next to the sliced eggs.