I used to make this dish all the time in my per-paleo life. It was my go-to dish to bring to new moms, sick families, or anyone in need. It is quick, easy, delicious, and filling. But because it contained red potatoes, I sort of dismissed it as non-paleo and forgot about it. I know, stupid.
So I decided to breath new life into a past favorite and will no doubt be making this super simple dish a lit more often in the future. I added broccoli, something that was never included in the original, but I’m sure I will sub cauliflower at times, because that stuff is just freaking delicious. I’m sure Brussel sprouts in place of broccoli would be awesome as well.
PS: Yes, I know the picture is bad, I was dealing with crappy lighting and hungry kids, so you get what you get and you don’t pitch a fit.
Chicken Broccoli BakePrint
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place chicken, broccolli, and sweet potato cubes in a 9×13 glas baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over them and stir to evenly coat.
- Spread out the chicken evenly in the dish and spread the veggies around and on top of the chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest a few minutes before serving to keep the juices inside.