Tracking your macros is important while trying to remain in Ketosis. Here they are for one serving of this recipe.
Icons do not reflect ingredients.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
As a slightly odd young girl (because I won’t lie, I was), I refused to eat chicken wings, ribs, or any other food that required hands and not utensils, because I didn’t want to get my hands dirty. Not to mention all the food that sticks in your teeth from those foods. It wasn’t until I was a married woman with kids of my own that I ate ribs and wings for the first time and got angry for denying myself such delicious food for so long.
I now make a habit of cooking ribs at least once a month because they really are that good! I’m not yet well-versed in the buffalo-style chicken wing (yet), so until that day comes, we eat this Buffalo Chicken Dip. And it gets bonus points for not being a finger food!
Blue Cheese and Wings
One of my favorite parts about getting wings from our local wing place is eating all the celery dipped in blue cheese. I’m really not sure if that’s normal or not. It’s like one of the only times I want to eat an overload of celery. This dish combines all the flavors of the wings and the creamy blue cheese dip. It’s the best of both worlds in an easy, mess-free snack.
KETO After school Snack
It also makes an excellent after-school snack. The kids love to scoop some in a small bowl and heat it up when they get off the bus. Keeps them happy and not begging for more food until dinner time.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken see notes
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 1/4 cup Sliced Jalapeños optional, for topping
- Celery for dipping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8x8 casserole dish, set aside.
Add all ingredients except 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, jalapeños, and celery to a large mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined. This works best with a sturdy silicone "spoonula" or a wooden spoon.
Scoop mixture into the prepared casserole dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and top with sliced jalapeńos, if using. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is melted and bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve warm with celery sticks.
- Use whatever chicken you have on hand: rotisserie, leftover chicken from dinner the night before (preferably plain), canned, etc. Worst case scenario, you'll have to cook and shred some new chicken, but always try to use what you've already got on hand first.
- Nutritional Facts do not include celery or jalapeños.