A dessert-like morning drink with absolutely no added sugars. This Keto Mocha Latte is delicious and is approved to be diabetic friendly.
What is Mocha?
A mocha is a blend of a cappuccino and hot chocolate. Kinda like dessert. Espresso with warm milk, a frothy top, and a sweet and delicious chocolatey twist using chocolate syrup.
What is Latte?
A latte starts with a single or double shot of espresso. The espresso is then combined with steamed milk to create a rich, creamy beverage.
What is Espresso?
Espresso and coffee are no different. Think of Espresso as a type of coffee. Espresso is a method of brewing coffee using high water pressure and finely ground beans to make a small, concentrated shot. The word Espresso also refers to the shot itself.
- 2 oz Espresso
- 1 oz Cardnl Zero Sugar Chocolate Sauce
- 5 oz Milk of Choice (see notes)
- Pour espresso into a large mug.
- Combine milk and chocolate sauce and steam using an espresso steamer wand until doubled in volume and hot (140ºF - 150ºF). Pour into mug over espresso.
- Optionally, heat milk and chocolate sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until hot and fully dissolved. Whip slightly with a handheld milk frother. pour into mug over espresso.
- Top with a swirl of chocolate sauce, if desired.
To keep this very low carb, we like to use a 1:1 ratio of heavy cream and water in place of the milk. If you are not watching carbs too close, whole milk is the best option for a great steamed milk foam.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 latte
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 84mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 33gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 32gProtein 2g