Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
Holidays always seem to equal mass amounts of food, but most importantly, lots of cakes, pies, and cookies. My favorite has always been pumpkin pie. Something about the perfectly spiced creamy filling just gets me every time. Not so coincidentally, cheesecake is my favorite dessert.
In my past life (read: pre-paleo), I made créme brûlée and a layered pumpkin pie cheesecake every Christmas. One of my nephews would get on my case if I ever forgot to make the cheesecake, so it always made an appearance.
Pecan Cheesecake Crust
After going keto and cutting out traditional natural sweeteners and including more dairy, I wanted to revisit my old favorite. The base is the same as the Instant Pot Cheescake recipe on this site, but I added a pecan crust and, of course, the pumpkin layer on top.
I had to make this cheesecake THREE times before I was able to keep everyone from eating so I could take some photos. It is that good!
The only difference between this low-carb/high-fat version and the old original recipe is the crust isn’t made of graham crackers (ew!) and I’ve made it a bit less sweet, because it really doesn’t need to be hurt-your-teeth sweet.
The combination of the creamy cheesecake topped with more creamy pumpkin cheesecake is just my favorite thing. I made it for my birthday cake this year too. We really can’t get enough of it, and I imagine you won’t be able to either.
Of course, you can’t have pumpkin anything without a healthy dose of whipped cream, so I’ve got you covered there as well. Although these pictures show a cutie-pie little swirl of my LCHF Whipped Cream on each slice, make no mistake that as soon as these pictures were taken the slices were 100% covered in whipped cream, as they should be. Everyone knows that.
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Grass-Fed Butter, softened but not melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Fresh Orange Zest -or- 1/8 tsp Orange Extract, dried zest results in a chunky texture
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- LCHF Whipped Cream
- Ground Cinnamon, optional
- Combine the almond flour, finely chopped pecans, cinnamon, and monkfruit. Blend together with a fork to break apart any lumps and to evenly mix everything. Add the softened butter and cut in with a fork until the mixture is crumbly but evenly pressed together and holds it's shape.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 6" or 7" springform or push-pan, going about an inch up the sides. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, blend together cream cheese, monkfruit, heavy cream, orange peel, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the egg, very gently mixing until just combined. Do not over mix the egg, otherwise you're cheesecake will be lumpy, not creamy. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Pour the remaining filling into the prepared pan
- Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to the 1 cup of mixture and mix just until blended (don't overmix). Very carefully spoon the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture already in the pan and spread to evenly cover all the way to the edges.
- Lay a paper towel on top of the pan and gently wrap a piece of tin foil over the top to hold the foil in place.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups of water into the inner liner pot of the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Place the cake pan on the trivet and gently lower into the water with the handles up.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and set the valve to "Sealing". Press the "Manual" button and increase the time to 37 minutes.
- When the cycle ends, let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure (DO NOT open the valve and do a Quick Pressure Release) for 18 minutes. After the 18 NPR, open the valve and remove the lid when all pressure is released.
- Carefully lift the cheesecake out of the Instant Pot with the trivet handles. Leave the foil and paper towel on the pan and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- When completely cooled, release the outer spring ring of the pan or, if using a push pan, push the bottom up out of the pan and remove the out layer of parchment. Cut into 8 slices and serve chilled with a swirl of whipped cream and cinnamon on each slice.
Alternate Baking Option
- If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can bake this cheesecake at 325°F for 35-40 minutes, or until the center is set.
- "Cook Time" does not include the time it takes to get to pressure. This is usually only about 5 minutes for me.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate