[60s Quiz] Which Diet is Right for you - Paleo vs Keto?
Over 501 people have already found out. Which is best for your body, goals and lifestyle? Find out in 60sec
Strawberry Lemonade Larabar-style Recipe
Variations on Larabar-style snacks are probably one of my favorite treats to create. They are easy to make and fun to come up with new flavor combinations. The best part about this particular flavor combination is that you don’t have to wait for strawberries to be in season to make them.
Freeze-dried fruit tends to be known as way too expensive. Rightfully so, because it usually is. So to avoid paying the excessive costs of tiny bags of freeze-dried strawberries, we like to buy the #10 cans of food storage freeze-dried fruit. We use them in trail-mix, “faux”tmeal, or just eat them plain.
These are perfect little snacks to toss in kids’ lunchboxes, as after-school snacks, hiking/camping snacks, or when you need a quick boost in energy.
They are best stored in the fridge, but they can certainly handle being at room temperature for a few hours if you need to take them with you. They just tend to get a little softer as a result.
Strawberry Lemonade Bites
- 1-1/2 cups Raw Unsalted Cashews
- 10 Medjool Dates pitted
- 1 cup Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1/2 Small Lemon optional, but highly recommended
- Extra Water if needed
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the cashews, dates (make sure you've remove ALL pits), strawberries, and salt.
- Pulse until the mixture is crumbly and the cashews have been chopped up into crumbs.
- While still running the food processor, add the vanilla extract and the lemon juice. The mixture should combine and be easy to form into balls. If it is still too crumbly, add a little water (less than a teaspoon at a time until the mixture is moldable and holds together.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll into smooth balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few weeks (if they last that long).