I’m always looking for something that I can pack in the kids lunches or grab as a quick bite for myself. Transitioning from lunches with sandwiches to lunches without sandwiches was a task at first, but I’ve been surprised at how easy it is to make a lunch that doesn’t involve bread.
I decided to experiment on my kids and hoped that they liked the results. I assumed they would, they’re not terribly picky, but you never know. These roll-ups have everything they liked so it just had to be a success, and it was! And they are super easy to make, which is an added bonus. Oh, and they fit perfectly in the lunch container, so triple bonus!
- 4 slices Turkey Cold Cuts, Applegate or Boar's Head are my favorites
- 1 Plum Tomato, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 slices Bacon, you'll end up with 8 pieces, cooked and cut in half lengthwise and then cut in half width wise
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Lay out a turkey slice on a plate or cutting board (or whatever you want, you don't have to listen to me).
- Layer 3-6 spinach leaves (depending on size or how much you like spinach) in the center of the cold cut, width-wise across the short side.
- Layer a few strips of tomato, 1-2 strips of bacon, and 1 slice of avocado on top of that.
- Starting at the left side, flip one end of the turkey slice to the right, over the layers you just added. Then roll that folded side over to the non-folded side on the right to create the roll.
- Just pick it up and eat it. No toothpicks necessary to hold it together.
- Be gentle with rolling so you don't rip the turkey slice or else food will start falling out. Not that I've ever done that...
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate