When you’re a paleo athlete, sweet potatoes are your best friend, right? But it can get pretty boring if you don’t find new ways to eat them. Enter the pancake. Quick, easy, and delicious! And if you’re not doing a Whole30, add a little Grade B maple syrup, ohmygosh, so good.
This is also a quick and easy post-WOD meal, as it contains eggs as well.
- 2 cups shredded Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Almond Flour (not almond meal)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Allspice
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Coconut Oil (for frying)
- Add all ingredients (except coconut oil) to a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add some coconut oil (about 1 tsp per pancake, depends on how large your pan is). I use a small pan and cook one at a time, so I use 1 tsp of oil in my pan.
- Scoop approximately ½ cup of mixture into the pan, spreading out to about ½" thick. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it is crispy and brown and the inside is firm.
- Continue until batter is gone, adding coconut oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve with coconut butter and maple syrup, if desired.