Let me start by saying “I hate avocados!”. Seriously. I think they’re gross. My husband and kids love them. Not me. But I love a good guacamole. You know who has the best guacamole? Chipotle. Seriously. But since I don’t have a Chipotle in my house, I’ll make my own. Now I’m not saying this recipe rivals Chipotle’s guac, no way. But it’s really good, and I love it.
The Best Guacamole
- Juice the lime.
- Chop up your shallot nice and tiny. Mince the garlic.
- Add the shallot, garlic, and sea salt to the lime juice. Mix up and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Take one of your avocados and mash it up real good, hardly any chunks. Mix that into the lime juice mixture.
- Add in your black pepper and mix well.
- With the second avocado, dice it up and gently mix it into the lime/avocado mixture so that you keep the chunkiness of it all.
- Eat that whole bowl. Or as a side dish or condiment, whatever.