I love me some good cheese, ice cream, and sour cream, but does that mean I should eat it? Not all the time. Do I eat it on occasion? Yup.
I crave some food from my past (read: pre-paleo days) that I no longer can eat. Yogurt is one of those things. I can (and do) make dairy-free ice cream at home, I can make ghee and still enjoy that buttery flavor, but yogurt is another story. I don’t want to spend a small fortune on probiotics and have to wait 2 days to make the darn stuff myself. I also don’t want to eat the dairy-free stuff from the store because they have all sorts of unnecessary ingredients like preservatives, gums, and carrageenan. Gross.
One day, after a particularly grueling workout (Filthy Fifty anybody?), I was craving a strawberry milkshake. So naturally, I attempted to make one on the fly when we got home. Turns out, my on-the-fly version of a milkshake was awfully close to yogurt instead. With a few tweaks, I had myself a pretty good instant whipped yogurt. Color me thrilled!
You could even change it up with different frozen fruits and make any flavor of yogurt you want. I keep meaning to do that, but strawberries are pretty much the standard in my freezer right now, but when I branch out, I’m making more yogurt flavors, for sure.
- 1 can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Honey, leave out for Whole30 & Keto
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, or 1/2 Vanilla Bean Seeds for Whole30
- 1/2 Avocado
- 6 large Frozen Strawberries, 1-1/2 cup, quartered
- Add ingredients to a high-powered blender (like a Blendtec) in the order listed.
- Cover and blend on high until smooth and there are no strawberry chunks. If using the Blendtec, run the Smoothie cycle.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- If you are preparing this in advance, store them in single-serving containers (tupperware or canning jars are great option) for an easy on-the-go snack.
Nutrition InformationYield 3
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 21gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 36mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 3g
Nutrition is calculated by a third party and may not be 100% accurate